Enjoy a scenic drive through the avenue of the volcanoes where you will see on both sides along the Pan-American highway several mountains and volcanoes as you cross the avenue of the volcanoes. For example, the Ilinizas north and south, Corazon, Pasochoa, Rumiñahui just to name a few. The Cotopaxi Volcano Day Trip is a highly recommended and extraordinary visit to the World highest active volcano (5,897 meters or 19342 ft). Located just an hour and a half from Ecuador’s capital city of Quito. The Cotopaxi National park is fairly easy to explore due to its proximity to Quito. On the slopes of this snow-capped majestic volcano, there is a variety of wildlife, lagoons and spectacular landscapes that surround the Cotopaxi Volcano.
- Accommodation pick up/drop off
- 1.5 hours south of Quito
- This can either be a day trip or can be an add-on to your vacation package if you have an extra day in the surroundings of Quito.
- Visit the highest point that can be reached by car at 4500m. (14760ft)
- Visit the Limpiopungo lagoon and 15-minute walk to learn about the flora and fauna of the area.
The chance to see wildlife(wild horses, owls, fox, endemic birds ducks & coots Andean condor if lucky)
- Visit the Interpretation Center
- Have lunch at the National´s park Ecuadorian restaurant.
- Bike rentals
- Long hikes more than 2 hours
- Horse back ride
- All Day tours from Quito are totally customizable