Since Ecuador has such a variety of climatological regions it also has a wide variety of fruits and vegetables. Ecuadorians believe that their produce products have the best taste due to its proximity to the sun and the good quality of the soil, as you enter the markets you will see a rich and colourfull country. Also, you will get to taste some of the most flavorful fruits on the planet. Learn about other products, like their names, what are the uses and, what regions of Ecuador they come from and more.
As the second part of this Quito day tour, you will visit the “Quito old town” recognized by the UNESCO a cultural world heritage site. In this tour you will get to know the many aspects that characterize the Quito old town, like the people, its habits, the colonial architecture, the Inca roots and influence, visit the main squares, churches and monasteries, the bohemian street called “La Ronda” and last, the elevation with an amazing view, which divides the north side from the south part of Quito city, called “Panecillo”.
This tour is highly recommended for people who have at least six hours of spare time to be able to enjoy this extraordinary Quito markets and old town tour.
- Accommodation pick up/drop off
- Visit a traditional fruit and vegetables open markets of Quito
- Taste different fruits
- Learn about other products and how they are called, what are the uses and, what regions of Ecuador they come from.
As the second part of the tour
- Visit Basílica Church (Gothic style)
- Pass by the Presidential Palace
- Visit La Compañía (Golden Church)
- Visit San Francisco Church
- Visit La Ronda street
- Panecillo or Teleférico(Cableway or Gondola optional)
- Back to hotel